At the end of the training, the trainee will be able to:
- Apply the practice, science and technique of vacuum cooking to sweet products.
- Make candied fruit by preserving the essential oils present in the fruit peels.
- Make jams, marmalades and fruit pastes with vacuum cooking methods to preserve the taste, colour and nutritional qualities of the fruit.
- To control the vacuum cooking of sweet products, from the organization of production to storage (conservation), by ensuring sanitary control and traceability of the products.
- Work of confiscation and jams under vacuum, in a bag, at low temperature (citrus peels, chestnut, whole fruits) in order to keep intact the essential oils present in the fruit peels.
- Production of jams and marmalades lightened in sugar, without boiling, by adding dry sugars directly into the bag and simple low temperature heating (no cooking).
- Optional use of a polyol to prevent enzymatic browning of fruits that retain their colour.
- Reflections and tests to develop a method of manufacturing fruit pastes using the same methodology in order to preserve the taste, colour and nutritional qualities of the fruit.
- Individual and collective support.
- The trainee carries out all the recipes accompanied by the trainer.
- Documents and theoretical supports: technical booklet and recipe booklet.
- Tasting and analysis of the productions.