At the end of the training, the trainee will be able to:
- To approach, at an advanced level, the science and techniques of making chocolate masses.
- To acquire a better control in the manufacture of ganaches and chocolate candies, a security in the stability of the products and a reduction of waste.
- The raw materials used in the composition of ganaches, their properties and functionalities: sugar syrups, cream, lactic butter, cocoa butter, fruit puree, fruit concentrates, chocolates, cream powder, alcohols, etc…
- How to establish the decomposition of the recipe
- Composition databases
- Use of Quantara software, (development of recipes and nutritional values)
- Physical and chemical properties of greases
- Fat compatibility and eutectic phenomenon
- Emulsifiers, properties and functions
- Use and technicality of sugars and sugar syrup
- Basic recipes with and without vegetable fats
- Ganache balancing in terms of water activity, water content, fat content, sugar content,
- Influence of non-fat solids in ganache
- Technicality on the mixing of fatty and aqueous phases and influence of temperatures and shear force during mixing
- Pre-crystallization (tempering) of ganaches
- Different mixing equipment
- Ganaches one shot
- Problem of phase inversion (continuous and discontinuous phase), homogeneity (slicing)
- The cooling process
- Storage and packaging
- Product life and preservation
- Individual or group-based support
- Trainee makes all the recipes with the trainer
- Documents and theoretical support: recipe booklet
- Provision of Quantara software, temperatur, Magic Temper, ph meter, ball mill, etc.
- Tasting and analysis of the productions.
- End of training report