At the end of the training, the trainee will be able to:
- Organize his workstation.
- Work out a production of small and large cakes, an assortment of dry and soft macaroons, a tiered-cake and pastries by respecting hygiene and safety rules
- Respect time-phase manufacturing process, technological characteristics of raw materials to develop balanced products
- Make up all basic works of pastry in autonomy as a part of an activity in bakery or tea room.
- Know and select raw materials, rationalize the use of products.
- Know the manufacture techniques of the bases, make entremets and the different products entering the composition of the desserts and their decoration
- Respect the cold chain, from manufacture to storage.
Techniques : (10 h)
- History of the profession
- The pastry chef’s outfit
- Standard hygiene for production and staff.
- Knowledge of good hygiene practice guide in pastry
- Raw materials
- The small equipment
- The big equipment
Basic pastry: (8 h)
- Crumbly paste
- Yeast dough
- Battered pastry
- Chou pastry
- Puff pastry
- Flaky puff pastry
Biscuits : (8 hrs)
- Mona Lisa
- Sponn finger biscuit
- Dacquoise, etc.
Basic creams: (10 h)
- Custard, mousseline, diplomate
- Egg custard
- Almond, frangipane
- Whipped, Chantilly
Dry and moist nibbles (4 h)
- Coconut macaroon
- Langue de chat
- Various tiles, etc.
Elaboration of grouting and crispy (2 h)
Nougatine (6 h)
Making different entremets from these basic preparations (20 h)
- 4 seasons
- Saint Honoré
- Bourdaloue pie, etc.
Tasting and critical analysis of products (2 h)
- Individual or group-based support
- Trainee makes all the recipes with the trainer
- Documents and theoretical supports: recipe and pastry technology booklet.
- Tasting and analysis of productions
- Presentation of a final buffet and end of training report.